This is a management position that will focus on improving service efficiency, customer service, safety, program oversight and driver supervision. The manager shall report directly to the MMS Executive Director. This position will work cooperatively with MMS staff to coordinate driver training and testing, vehicle maintenance, and route development. This position will be responsible to run the day to day transportation operations as well as help with strategic operational planning.
- Serve as MMS liaison to assigned programs and program staff. Plans, coordinates and oversees the routing and daily transportation services for participants to medical and day center appointments; responsible for establishing and managing processes that result in the safe and timely arrival of members to appointments.
- Gather data and develop reports on service metrics; including trips per month provided by category of provider, trips per driver hour, no-show and cancellation reports and other metrics defined by management.
- Follow up on customer complaints or concerns in assigned program and ensure concerns of customers and clients are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Complete applicable grievance reports in a timely manner.
- Supervise drivers assigned to programs; responsible for performance evaluations of MMS staff, input on hiring and terminations, and progressive discipline.
- Monitor compliance of contract vehicles.
- Provide on-site supervision at accident sites; including on call responsibilities for emergencies on evenings and weekends.
- Verify and maintain current and valid documentation to ensure that drivers are compliant with all requirements.
- Participate in field observation activities with drivers.
- Must be able to operate and understand windows based computer assisted scheduling and dispatch system, including GPS devices.
- Ensure adherence of MMS vehicles to vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Act as back up to dispatcher and scheduler.
- Advise senior management on program contracts and program development issues.
- Other duties as assig
- Proficient in basic computer operations; including Microsoft Office
- College education preferred
- Commercial Driver’s License required (no restrictions preferred)
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities, service customers and accomplish objectives within time constraints.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and a demonstrated ability to solicit necessary information from clients and customers.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, strong follow through and the ability to communicate positively with a diverse workforce and client base.
- Ability to analyze data and make service changes based on outcomes.