Responsible for providing safe, reliable door-through-door transportation to ambulatory clients, and some in wheelchairs.
- Drive safely and defensively
- Supervise the safe loading and unloading of clients
- Ensure that clients are secured appropriately (seatbelts, secured car seats for children under 4 years, secured wheelchairs)
- Ensure that clients have reached the proper destinations and are under the supervision of appropriate adult
- Maintain accurate daily log of clients, trips, mileage and other relevant information and submit such reports timely
- Maintain clean vehicle and perform daily check of vehicle to ensure proper maintenance; notify supervisor or fleet manager immediately of any vehicle malfunction
- Contact Medical Motor Service office if there are any problems in completing trip
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES):
- CDL Drivers License (Class C or B CDL License with no restrictions)
- Must meet requirements of Article 19-A of the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Able to read maps, organize schedule and follow through on assignments timely
- Able to operate a send-receive radio and to speak clearly
- Able to deal with clients/co-workers in a courteous, tactful manner
Individuals interested in driving positions must be at least 21 years of age, hold a commercial driver's license (CDL) and have a clean driving record.